Wellness & Prevention
As a member of the community we serve, it is part of our mission at Northern Westchester Hospital to improve and protect the health of individuals in the community through programs that promote prevention, healing and wellness.
How does NWH approach wellness and prevention?
Examples of NWH programs that reflect our commitment to wellness and prevention include:
- Food is Care Program
- Community outreach of health screenings and education to our senior centers, houses of worship, community living, and other areas in our community
- School-based education providing wellness curriculum and instruction in our schools
- Guided Imagery
- customized holistic therapies for cancer patients at the Bruce & Andrea Yablon Cancer Health and Wellness Program
- a valued partnership with Westchester Land Trust
- Health Experts as speakers at your community event
Northern Westchester Hospital understands the importance of treating the whole person, not just the physical condition. That's why we’ve developed regionally and nationally recognized programs in wellness and prevention that emphasize patient-centered care both for our patients and staff at NWH as well in our community.
Contact us for more information about wellness, prevention and community health education:
Community Health Education & Outreach
Grace O'Shaughnessy, Director of Community Health Education and Outreach
email@example.com or (914) 666-1249
Gaby Golod Greenwald, Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing & Public Affairs
Teresa Alongi, Manager, email@example.com