For Healthcare Professionals
Join Our Team
Northern Westchester Hospital in Mt. Kisco, NY, is consistently ranked highly among the best community hospitals in the country, and offers services that rival outstanding urban hospitals, as well. Our outstanding staff earns NWH a number of selective awards and accreditations that reflect the outstanding care we provide our patients.
We recognize that caring for our staff is as important as caring for our patients. That's why we care about our employees and their career development. We offer opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Learn about applying for a position at Northern Westchester Hospital.
Because all of our images are digital, they are quickly available and easily accessed. We have a state-of-the-art imaging suite in the Emergency Department, available 24/7 for emergency scans. Our low dose CT equipment is the leader in technology, capable of faster scans at superior high-definition imaging of every organ in the body.
CPT Codes - download here
Northern Westchester Laboratory Services for Your Patients
NWH Laboratory Services provides the caring, professional environment of your community hospital
- The highest quality testing services for your patients and your practice
- Knowledgeable, experienced pathologists and technologists who are alwasy available for consult
- Continuity of care between your office and the Hospital
- A full range of services
Competitive Turnaround Time
- Most routine testing completed on the same day
- Comprehensive in-house menu for expeditious lab service
- Collaboration with Mayo Medical Laboratories for esoteric testing and timely reporting
NWH lab offers a variety of ways to receive patients’ results; electronic, faxed to your office, and/or hardcopy delivered daily by courier.
How to Get Your Patient’s Results and Order Entry
For electronic transmission, NWH will provide your office access to Care Evolve, a company whose industry-leading product is an internet solution for laboratory outreach results reporting and order entry. Care Evolve can deliver results to EMR’s in HL7 discrete date fields. In addition, your patients’ results are available for you to view in Meditech, the hospital information system.
A Meditech link can be established via Citrix for easy access to your patient’s labs on your PC.
About our Lab Services
- Clinical and anatomic pathology with prompt follow-up by pathologists and laboratory specialists
- Access to the lab’s medical and administrative directors
- Full-service laboratory
- Broad range of tests using advanced instrumentation and technically proven methodologies, ensuring rapid and accurate results
- Fine-needle aspiration biopsies
- Immunochemistry techniques
- Surgical pathology
- Frozen section analysis
- Peripheral blood and bone marrow studies
- Diagnostic and therapeutic monitoring of blood disorders
- Wide range of hemostatic testing
- Testing for hereditary bleeding and thrombotic disorders
Clinical Chemistry, Urinalysis and Immunoassay
Extensive repertoire of chemical analyte quantification through state-of-the-art instrumentation
- Expert consultants in bacteriology, mycology, mycobacteriology and parasitology
- Wide range of organism identification and susceptibility testing
- Pretransfusion testing
- Immediate access to regional blood center that provides all blood products
- Outreach services provided to assisted living facilities, physician offices and clinics
- Continuing medical education programs through Mayo Medical Laboratories
- Courier services offering specimen pickups daily
- Responsive customer service team