Salmon with Tomato Basil Salsa
Dinner , Grain-free , Heart Healthy , Lunch , Nut-free , Soy-free
The fresh salsa is a great pairing to the omega-rich salmon!
4 salmon fillets (about 4 oz. each), rinsed and patted dry
3 tbsp. light mayonnaise
2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. paprika
6 oz. grape tomatoes
¼ cup fresh basil
1 – 1 ¼ oz. sweet onion
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Lightly spray a shallow baking pan with cooking spray. Place the fish in the pan.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining salmon ingredients. Lightly spread on each fillet.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
5. Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes, basil, and onion. Put in a small bowl. Add the vinegar, stirring gently to combine.
6. Spoon over or beside the cooked fish. Enjoy!
Courtesy of www.heart.org
Back to recipes