Creamy Avocado White Bean Wrap
Getting sick of the same old sandwich for lunch? Try this new vegetarian sandwich that is loaded with healthy fat and protein.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, (see Note)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 4 8- to 10-inch whole-wheat wraps, or tortillas
Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle chile and salt in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and cilantro; toss to combine.Mash beans and avocado in another medium bowl with a potato masher or fork. Stir in cheese and onion.To assemble the wraps, spread about ½ cup of the bean-avocado mixture onto a wrap (or tortilla) and top with about ⅔ cup of the cabbage-carrot slaw. Roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut the wraps in half to serve, if desired.
Tip: Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapeños packed in a flavorful sauce. Look for the small cans with the Mexican foods in large supermarkets.
Protein: 12 g
Fat: 17 g
Fiber: 13 g
Courtesy of Eating Well
Back to recipes