For more information or to make an appointment for a sleep study, please call 914.666.1114
How can I determine if I have a sleep disorder?
Take this quiz to find out. This questionnaire could help you decide if a polysomnogram could help you. Answer each question honestly. You don’t have to show anyone your answers.
- Are you extremely sleepy during the day?
- Do you fall asleep during work, dinner, or while entertaining friends?
- Do you snore loudly at night?
- Do you stop breathing for short periods at night?
- Do you wake up frequently at night?
- Are you restless at night (do you hit, kick, or slap your bed partner)?
- Do you walk in your sleep?
- Do you wet the bed?
- Do you have morning headaches?
- Are you confused when you wake up and have great difficulty “getting going”?
- Have family or friends complained about disturbing changes in your personality?
- Do you occasionally forget about tasks you’ve already finished?
- Do you sometimes see things that aren’t there (hallucinations)?
- Do you have trouble maintaining attention and concentrating?
- Do you have “spells” when you unexpectedly drop things?
- Do you ever feel unable to move (or paralyzed) just before you fall asleep or wake up?
- Do you have insomnia?
- Do you have a problem with impotence?
- Have you gained more than 10 pounds in the past year?
Do you wake up in the middle of the night with heartburn?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, talk to your physician or call the The Center for Sleep Medicine at Northern Westchester Hospital.
To read about sleep apnea and weight management problems click here >
The specialists in The Center for Sleep Medicine at NWH provide non-invasive sleep studies to diagnose and treat a range of sleep disorders.
Our state-of-the-art facility at Northern Westchester Hospital in Mt. Kisco, NY, offers private, comfortable testing rooms in a hotel-like setting. Rooms are equipped with the latest technology in diagnosing sleep disorders.
The Center for Sleep Medicine at NWH has achieved The American Academy of Sleep Medicine 5-year Accreditation.
Our Sleep Specialists
Specialists at the Sleep Center are board-certified in Sleep Medicine. They work with a team of technologists and consulting staff who are experts in diagnosing and treating sleep disorders.
The Center for Sleep Medicine is under the medical leadership of a board-certified physician, trained in internal medicine and pulmonology and a diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine.
For more information or to make an appointment for a sleep study, call 914.666.1114