NICU and Other Specialty Care
Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
NWH’s Center for Maternal-Child Health is certified by the State of New York as a 10-bed Level III Perinatal Care Center. This includes advanced Obstetric services as well as a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
The availability of a Level III NICU has reduced the need to transfer sick newborns to other facilities, and has allowed parents to be close by for their child’s care.
- The NICU is equipped to stabilize and treat life-threatening emergencies and illnesses in newborns
- The staff cares for babies who weigh as little as 750 grams (approximately 1 1/2 pounds) at birth and for those infants who require respiratory support such as nasal CPAP or a ventilator
- Staffed by 3 full-time Neonatologists, who are board-certified in Neonatal-Perinatal medicine
- Staffed by highly trained nurses who provide 24 hour care for all high-risk infants
- The NICU is adjacent to the Labor & Delivery suites, making it immediately accessible to any newborn requiring care
- The NICU is designed to give Developmentally Sensitive Care in a Family-Centered environment
- In 1992, NWH was the first community hospital in Westchester County to open a Neonatal ICU
The NICU Support Group at Northern Westchester Hospital
NWH NICU Support Group offers a warm, nurturing environment to meet other NICU families, network with one another, share feelings, and ask questions about your NICU journey. You do not need to have a baby in our NICU to participate. Join us.
The NICU Support Group at Northern Westchester Hospital is an active group. Find schedule here and join today!
Questions? Contact Anka: email@example.com
Other Specialty Care Services
NWH has the medical expertise and latest technology to address the special needs of your pregnancy and childbirth, including in vitro fertilization, services for high-risk pregnancies, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and comprehensive treatment for preemie care.
Level III Perinatal Center
As a Level III Perinatal Center, we provide maternity patients and newborn infants care ranging from preconception services to care during all stages of pregnancy, labor and delivery, postpartum and neonatal care. Our perinatology services are available 24 hours a day to provide consultation for high-risk pregnancies. Perinatal services include ultrasonography, genetic counseling and amniocentesis.
To learn more about our Perinatal Center or to schedule an appointment, call 914.666.1010.
Fallopian Tube Recanalization
The most common cause of female infertility is a blockage of the fallopian tube. Interventional radiologists at NWH can diagnose and treat a blockage in the fallopian tubes with a non-surgical procedure known as fallopian tube recanalization.
For more information or to schedule a consultation, please call 914.242.8154.
Prenatal Care Clinic
It’s our mission to serve the entire community, our Prenatal Care Center provides high-quality, individualized and comprehensive prenatal care services to low-income, uninsured or underinsured women who are pregnant.
Your care is provided by a highly experienced team that includes board-certified physicians, registered nurses, and medical and professional support staff. We are committed to maintaining your privacy and to providing you with convenient, easily-accessible services.
You can learn more about our Prenatal Care Center by calling 914.666.1111.