Modernizing to meet the growing needs of our community
Northern Westchester Hospital is committed to the safety of our patients, visitors and staff. When planning and designing the newest improvement to our campus, our 460-space parking garage, much thought went into the safety features.
- The entrance/exit stairwell will be a completely glass enclosed-structure located within view of the main Security desk in the Emergency Department, which is staffed by members of our Security team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Cameras will be placed throughout the garage including in the stairwells, lobby, elevator and throughout the decks of the garage. These cameras will transmit to the main Security desk in the Emergency Department.
- The structure will be fenced in from all sides, except the side adjacent to the Emergency Department, which will be the primary entrance/exit gate.
- LED Lighting will be on all levels of the structure and the garage will be illuminated 24/7.
- There will be 12 Help Centers strategically placed within the garage. These Help Centers will have an intercom to reach Security and will be equipped to set off a blue light and siren if someone has an emergent situation.
- No access will be available from the retail side of the structure on St. Mark’s Place (this will be a keyed gate which is only accessible by local police and fire departments).
- A second stairwell at the back end of the garage will serve only as an emergency egress- the door will be locked from the outside and no one will be able to enter from outside of the structure without setting off door alarms.
- Security will make walking rounds within the structure throughout the day and evening.
- An emergency generator will be installed and designated solely for the garage ensuring that lighting and elevators will continue to work in the event of a power outage.
Committed to providing patients with the highest quality of compassionate care, we are proud to be recognized nationally by numerous organizations.
Northern Westchester Hospital is Not-For-Profit
Northern Westchester Hospital does not receive government or state funding. Instead, NWH relies in part upon financial support from community members. Without your support none of these achievements would be possible!
By the Community, For the Community
In response to the growing needs of our community, Northern Westchester Hospital has successfully enhanced patient services icluding: the acclaimed Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center; The Breast Institute; a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU); the award winning Mary & David Boies Emergency Department; Orthopedic and Spine Institute, and our comprehensive Ambulatory Care and Rehabilitation Center at Chappaqua Crossing.
Most recently, NWH launched the Institute for Robotic and Minimally Invasive Surgery. With over 1000 surgeries performed, NWH ranks among the most experienced community hospital programs in the nation.
And the Progress Continues...
Having access to readily available parking is essential to patients whether it’s during an emergency situation, for a scheduled surgical procedure, or simply for routine follow-up care.
Please check back to our website for continued updates.
Quality, Patient-Centered Care that’s Close to Home