Listed below are some of our giving campaigns.
Annual Fund: An unrestricted gift to NWH supports NWH’s unique programs and services.
- The Breast Institute represents a revolutionary new model for the integrated, clinical treatment of breast cancer and breast disease.
- The Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center provides a patient-centered, state-of-the-art healing environment close to home for patients receiving chemotherapy, infusion services, radiation therapy, and Gamma Knife procedures.
- The new Mary & David Boies Emergency Department has 25 private treatment rooms with special areas dedicated to adult, pediatric and behavioral health patients, and provides high-tech medical care in a caring environment to all members of the community.
- The Ken Hamilton Caregivers Center is a resource designed to meet the varied needs of the family caregiver and provides caregiver coaches and other services free of charge.
- The Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) stabilizes and treats life-threatening emergencies and illnesses in newborns.
- Planetree: NWH is at the forefront of hospitals nationwide in creating a patient-centered and family-focused culture of care for patients and their families.
- The Art Cart allows patients to choose artwork to personalize their rooms during their hospital stay.
- Nursing Education Fund helps registered nurses attend continuing education courses so that they can stay updated on the latest advancements in their field.
In 1999, the Northern Westchester Hospital Foundation was incorporated as a separate 501c (3) organization for the sole purpose of supporting Northern Westchester Hospital. The Foundation is considered a Type I supporting organization, as we are operated, supervised and controlled by Northern Westchester Hospital. The Foundation is governed by a voluntary Board of Trustees who ensure that gifts are used according to the donor’s wishes and only for Northern Westchester Hospital.
Northern Westchester Hospital is successful largely because of the community’s continued generosity. This philanthropic support sets NWH apart from other hospitals, and has enabled us to make critical investments in new technology and modernized facilities. Since the Foundation’s inception, we have raised over $73 million from generous individuals and organizations.
Philanthropy makes excellence possible. The Hospital’s narrow profit margin covers a fraction of the annual costs to update technology, improve facilities and create a truly patient-centered and family-focused healthcare experience. Because we are a not-for-profit hospital that is not supported by tax dollars or government contracts, we depend on the generosity of community members so that we can make significant capital and programmatic improvements at NWH.
Northern Westchester Hospital (NWH) is committed to the values on which it was founded over 90 years ago: dedicated and compassionate service to the community; individualized care that respects the unique needs of each patient and family; professionalism, teamwork and collaboration; commitment to delivering care in a healthy and healing environment; and respect for staff and volunteers.
From a modest wooden frame house with 15 beds in the early 1900s, NWH has grown into a sophisticated facility, licensed for 233 beds and with over 650 highly qualified and trained physicians, who provide a broad spectrum of in-and outpatient services for residents of Northern Westchester, Putnam and Southern Dutchess Counties in New York.
NWH, a not-for-profit organization, has grown into a sophisticated, patient-centered and family-focused community healthcare facility that is a leader in its field.
President NWH Foundation
|Gaby Golod Greenwaldfirstname.lastname@example.org|
| Vice President NWH Foundation
|Manager External Affairs|
Get our latest health and wellness tips and resources.