NWH is Patient-Centered
Family, favorite foods, emotional support, and a focus on a patient’s personal needs are all fundamental for providing patient-centered care. This humanizing approach puts the patient, not the procedure, first. To promote healing, we strive to meet all of the patient’s needs – not just their medical requirements. By including the patient and their family as key-participants in the care team, patients become empowered and provide important input in the direction of their care.
|Firmly committed to patient-centered care, we do our best to continually personalize and demystify the healthcare experience for our patients and their families. Read what patients say >|
Providing high-quality, patient centered care extends beyond providing great medical care.
- To promote healing, the Planetree approach strives to meet ALL the patient’s needs—not just their medical requirements.
- Holistic therapies soothe patients and mitigate pain, fear and stress.
- Food is care: Distinctly non-hospital-like food is customized to each patient’s dietary requirements and personal preferences.
- No one stares at blank hospital walls: By choosing artwork from the Aranow Art Cart, patients transform their rooms into warm personal places.
- Bedside tablets let patients review their medical records and plan of care in easy-to-understand language.
- By educating our patients, it empowers them to participate in their own care.
- Addressing the importance of family involvement, the Ken Hamilton Caregivers Center provides an oasis for the family caregiver to recharge and find resources and support.
What is Planetree?
- Planetree is a non-profit organization that provides education and information in a collaborative community of healthcare organizations, facilitating efforts to create patient-centered care in healing environments.
- As a global catalyst and leader, Planetree promotes the development and implementation of innovative models of healthcare that focus on healing and nurturing body, mind and spirit.
Not Sure What Medical Chart Information to Share With Patients?... Just Ask the Patients!
Our Beliefs as a Planetree Designated Hospital
- that we are human beings, caring for other human beings
- we are all caregivers
- care giving is best achieved through kindness and compassion
- safe, accessible, high quality care is fundamental to patient-centered care
- in a holistic approach to meeting people’s needs of body, mind and spirit
- families, friends and loved ones are vital to the healing process
- access to understandable health information can empower individuals to participate in their health care
- the opportunity for individuals to make personal choices related to their care is essential
- physical environments can enhance healing, health and wellbeing
- illness can be a transformational experience for patients, families and caregivers